By joining ACHE as a Student Associate, you will experience the excitement of discovering, exploring, and understanding the real world of healthcare management.
Individual Membership in AUPHA is open to any individual or faculty member interested in Health Administration and Health Administration Education.
Students entering CAHME accredited programs are assured that they receive outstanding educational content based on high standards of quality, and membership in a network of professional colleagues that transcends boundaries of universities and professional associations and colleges.
The AHA constitutes the primary integrative force and speaker organization of the healthcare delivery system, which is dedicated to improve the health status of the community through the work of their members.
COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE PROGRAM
Our mission is to develop highly qualified healthcare management professionals in leadership roles to optimize the health status of the community. The Program seeks highly-motivated, service-oriented career candidates with the potential to become key players in mission driven healthcare organizations.
In a global environment of constant change, the Program’s teacher-practitioner educational competency-based model provides students an integrated healthcare management learning experience with a robust public health context to better serve the community. This holistic transformation is achieved by combining faculty supervised professional development with the rigorous application of management principles and tools in real organizational healthcare settings.
Graduates from our Program are able to successfully compete for mid and upper level management positions in the local and national healthcare industry.
To be recognized as a leader in Healthcare Management Education that trains healthcare executives to develop and implement innovative solutions to face healthcare challenges
- Leadership – Develops highly competent healthcare managers to implement a shared vision of quality healthcare by inspiring individual and organizational collaboration, embracing integrity and responsibility in the attainment of goals.
- Integrity – Promotes a culture of honesty, respect, equity, responsibility, and transparency.
- Responsibility – Complies with professional and organizational standards, rules and regulations, and enhances effective alliances and collaborations.
- Diversity – promotes tolerance, inclusiveness, collegiality and trust building.
- Excellence– Strives to perform at the superior level of professional healthcare management standards and practices to meet the needs of patients, employees and the community.
- Teamwork – recognizes the need for multiple experts collaborating to propose innovative solutions to complex problems of the health system and the community we serve.
- Resilience – responds effectively to rapid change and manages disruptive and complex events, while maintaining a long-term view of potential events and opportunities for the benefit of the organization.
- Professionalism – Embraces a strong commitment to honesty, sensitivity, integrity and excellence in the use of knowledge and skills to serve the patient, foster employee collaboration, build trust in the community, and maintain professional and ethical standards through lifelong learning and improvement.